PIPA is a truly forward-looking industrial park. It is the first of its kind in Europe run by an ISO 14001-certified and EMAS-registered (Eco-Management and Audit Scheme) management body. Both of these accreditations were awarded in the 2000s. This policy also led since 2012 to the LUCIE label, based on ISO 26000 norm, for corporate social responsibility.
This international accreditation recognises the Park’s environmental and social management policy and its commitment to continuous improvement.
A number of innovative indicators are used to protect the Park’s environment and maintain the quality of life of the 6,000 employees who work there:
- the water table is monitored and analysed using on-site piezometers
- all rainwater contaminated with hydrocarbons is treated via Biophotodigestion®
- industrial wastewater is biologically treated
- biodiversity is monitored and protected:the Park has a « zero tolerance » policy towards agrochemical products and hedgerows are protected to preserve the natural refuges of animal species
- 122 hectares of land have been earmarked as « refuges » by the LPO (French Bird Protection League)
- air quality is monitored through lichen analysis.
Download our environmental brochures:
– Déclaration Environnementale simplifiée 2015
– Déclaration Environnementale simplifiée 2014
– Déclaration Environnementale 2013
– Déclaration Environnementale simplifiée 2012
– Déclaration Environnementale simplifiée 2011
– Déclaration Environnementale 2010
Download additional environmental documentation:
– Private access with password
On the social part, PIPA works on 3 main strategies
– Improve life quality
– Sustainable development respecting next generations
– Build a fruitful community